Madison Mutual Insurance Company has been around for over 100 years because it's an excellent place to work and grow professionally. Come join us!
The Auto Claims Supervisor manages the investigation, evaluation, and resolution of auto claims. They are responsible for inspiring and developing a team of adjusters to perform at a level that helps achieve an underwriting profit through their work in claims. The successful candidate will have a passion for people and results, with a drive to ensure accurate outcomes while servicing the customer.
• A four-year college degree or equivalent job-related experience.
• At least 7 years claims adjusting experience including physical damages, casualty, and litigation.
• Working knowledge of auto physical damage, body shop processes, and repair/rental management.
• Demonstrates knowledge of State Fair Claims Practices Act and generally accepted reserving practices.
• Proven leader, passion for people and results.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the management level across functional groups and business units.
• Ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to relationships.
• Actively recruits, retains, and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results.
• Leads change, manages conflict, and fosters collaboration.
• Manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback, and ensures commitments are met.
• Mentor, coach, and provide an exceptional learning environment for team members.
• Oversight of day-to-day claims handling and performs open and closed file evaluations. This could include handling of files that require a certain level of experience.
• Work closely with department leadership to set strategic priorities and drive team performance.
• Implement policies to manage compliance requirements with claim handling guidelines and ensure good faith claim handling.
• Evaluate metrics and monitor results.
• Direct adjusters on proper reserving and payments.
• Monitor and report on performance of outside vendors.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
Salary commensurate with experience. If you are the perfect candidate for this position, please send your salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com