November 17, 2022
The Data Analyst is responsible for identifying, capturing, analyzing, and managing the company’s data, contributing to better decision-making, and planning. The Data Analyst performs data analysis, including conceptualization, modeling, and presentation of data. Additionally, the Data Analyst performs a variety of technical tasks related to capturing, managing, and analyzing data, turning information into insights to support and enable key decisions and business processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Project Management, or related field
- Experience with SQL /My SQL, Relational databases, data extraction, querying, and scripting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, PowerBI, Python and other Visualization Tools.
- Business process understanding
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases.
- Insurance knowledge and/or Guidewire experience would be a plus.
- 1-5 years of experience in data analytics is required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Works with varying teams to determine and understand how data analysis can support organizational goals and may lead planning efforts and building reports.
- Assists in data management deliverables such as business need analysis, data source identification and analysis and data modeling techniques.
- Participates in the analysis and resolution of issues related to data quality, information flow and content with data stakeholders.
- Develops technical expertise in data modeling directions, methodologies, techniques, and tools to ensure development of logical and relational data base designs which meet the needs of the business customers.
- Designs, creates, and maintains relational databases and data systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Works with open datasets, including populating and extracting data from internal and public open datasets.
- Designs reporting dashboards to translate data to an understandable illustrative format.
- May create data visualizations and reports to present to a variety of audiences using presentation layer tools.
- Collaborates to establish standards, guidelines, and procedures for data validation, analysis, and presentation.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
Salary commensurate with experience. If you are the perfect candidate for this position, please send your salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com